Public awareness campaigns
This section contains documents from organisations who have carried out NHS Number public awareness campaigns.
NHS Number Public Awareness Campaign (NNPAC)
NNPAC was a collaborative project carried out between North Tees primary care trusts, DH and the NHS Number Programme. This six-month project tested whether a direct mail approach is a suitable methodology for building awareness among the public of their NHS Number.
The overall objective of this pilot project was to test whether a direct mail approach (at a PCT level), is a suitable methodology for building awareness among the public of their NHS Number. The pack contains information
- Appendix 1A. Final proof of public letter phone option Black and white (PDF, 440Kb)
- Appendix 1B. Final proof of public letter coupon for under 16s black and white (PDF, 204Kb)
- Appendix 1C Final proof of public letter phone and coupon black and white (PDF, 219Kb)
- Appendix 2 and 4 GfK report on pre and post research (PDF, 805Kb)
- Appendix 3 Message testing public letter (PDF, 483Kb)
- Appendix 5 Data Analysis by COI (PDF, 60Kb)
- Appendix 6A Revised example of public letter template v0.2 (PDF, 126Kb)
- Appendix 6b. Instructions for folding the public letter in appendix 6 (PDF, 11Kb)
- Appendix 7a BR return envelope front of (PDF, 41Kb)
- Appendix 7b caveat on return BE envelope (PDF, 520Kb)
- Approved Final Report NNPAC Version 1.0 16 Dec 09 (PDF, 428Kb)
North East Essex (NEE)
The North East Essex public awareness campaign was instigated to support complete adoption of the NHS Number as detailed in the NHS Number Operation Information Standards.
- Raising awareness of the NHS Number: North Easy Essex public communication campaign.
- NEE version of an NHS Number Card (PDF, 53Kb).
- NEE locally adapted NHS Number leaflet (PDF, 1.5Mb).
NHS Hartlepool Middlesbrough Redcar and Cleveland Stockton-on-Tees
Additional template communication materials
Other organisations have carried out NHS Number public awareness. Templates of these materials are below.