Value Added Products/Services: Open Exeter - Online Access to the NHAIS System
Give the information in your database to those who need it
The NHAIS System contains a wealth of information that has legitimate uses across a diverse range of bodies and practitioners within the NHS. Open Exeter gives health authorities the power to grant access to this information to authorised organisations; NHS trusts, GP practices, laboratories, pharmacists. Full control remains with the health authority; security is of the highest importance, and data protection regulations are observed at all times.
In future, this page will discuss some of the ways that Open Exeter can be used by different NHS staff. In the meantime, the links below will enable you to download the form that should be completed to provide access to the NHAIS System for your colleagues in associated NHS organisations. This form can be used by existing users of Open Exeter to set up a new connection, or for new health authorities to begin using Open Exeter for the first time. Note that the form can only be signed by authorised users, both at the health authority and the connecting organisation.
Note: the data user certificate forms for the MCDS Project, comprising of the CAMHS, Maternity and Child Health Datasets, will be made available at a later date.
- Download the Data User Certification form for Open Exeter (Word 131Kb).
- Download the Cancer Waiting Times Data User Certificate (PDF, 29.5kB). This contains instructions on where to send the completed Data User Certificate and a helpline number should you require advice or assistance with the form.
- Download the Clinical Audit Data User Certificate form for LUCADA (PDF, 38.6kB)
- Download the NBOCAP Data User Certificate (the link to the document is on the right-hand side of the page)
- Download the Cancer Screening Statistical Reports Data User Certificate (Word, 34Kb)
- Download the FHS Indicators Data User Certificate (DOC, 34.5kB)
- Download the Mental Health Minimum Data Set (MHMDS) Data User Certificate (PDF, 38.4kB)
- Download the Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) Data User Certificate (PDF, 37.9kB)
- Download the English BCSS Data Users Certificate Form (PDF, 44.3kB)
- Download the English BCSS Data Users Revocation Form (Word 52Kb) (PDF, 22.6kB)
- Download the Isle of Man BCSS Data Users Certificate Form (PDF, 46.2kB)
- Download the Family Nurse Partnership Data User Certificate Form (PDF, 31.2kB)
- Download the Data User Revocation (Rich Text Format 16Kb) form used by Health Authorities to revoke Data Users licences.
- Download the Model Security Policy (PDF 34Kb) which describes the NHS Connecting for Health expectations about the environment in which the Open Exeter system will be operated and anticipates and avoids any departure from good practice with regard to security and confidentiality.
- Download the Data User Certificate (Word 52Kb) for Online Access to National Blood Service Test Results.
- Download the Caldicott Guardian Certificate (PDF, 19.6kB). This certificate should be completed by an NHS organisation that wishes to register any changes to their registered Guardian. It must be stressed that this form has to be countersigned by the Trust's chief executive. If anyone else signs it is invalid. It is also important that we receive a hard copy as opposed to a fax or scan. The return address is on the certificate itself.
Open Exeter Demonstration
Users with N3 connections can see an online demonstration of Open Exeter.
For general Open Exeter enquiries, for example, access application/password resets. please contact our helpdesk on 0845 371 3671. Other enquiries should be submitted via email to email@example.com. Please include 'Open Exeter' in the subject line.